Advice and tips on caring for your dentures
- Only your dental professional is qualified to adjust your denture or partial.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture tooth brush with round-ended bristles.
- Use denture creams instead of toothpastes, which are too abrasive. Rinse with cold water. Dentures warp if placed in hot water.
- Your dentist can help remove stains which may build up on the dentures.
- Have loose dentures checked by the dentist. They may need to be relined.
- When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5 years.